the years of life o’er take us,
our dreams will never die.
cling we to the mem’ries
Of our dear Port Arthur High.
All her honors we have cherished.
All her honors we have cherished.
her victories are told.
we stand as true defenders
the Old Maroon and Gold!
have a full schedule of weekend events planned for you. We hope you
choose to come and enjoy all of them. Friday and Saturday
nights will be at the Ballroom in the Holiday Inn.
Hop: Holiday Inn Ballroom; 7 – 11 p.m. ; Hors d’oeuvres, cash bar;
Dress: very casual (50’s
style if you like)
of TJ organizations.
If you were part of an organization and would like to
briefly recognize members, please contact Linda Tatum Briggs at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 409-982-9146 by April 18.
at Babe Zaharias Golf Club at 9 a.m. Don
car show – Holiday Inn parking lot - 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. – Bud
Clark, husband of our own
Chloe Moerbe Clark will be there to talk cars with you.
of the Gulf Coast Tour: 700 Proctor – 10 a.m.
our classmates, G.W. Bailey and Marty Fleckman, are honored
Dinner/Dance: Holiday Inn Ballroom; 6 p.m. to 12 DJ –
Bobby Wactor; Cash bar. Dress: business casual.
Photos will be taken Sat. night;
Video by Raines Video – rainesvideo.com
will perform either Friday or Saturday night.
tags: Only one per person for all events.
We wish you all a
safe journey back to Port Arthur. We do hope you plan to attend
all the events.
RSVP Lucille @ email@example.com
if you plan to go to the Museum and/or Sartin’s. We need to give
each of them a number by April 18.
Late registration is $60 per person; $120 a couple.
April 18th, please call Lucille at 409/960-7843 or Linda at
409/982-9146 for registration as we are limited to 200 in the Ballroom
and we are approaching that number now.
ye, Port Arthur!
your banners flying high,
cheer you all the way.
ye, Port Arthur!
for the fame of your fair name,
go, Port Arthur,
Win that game!
If you want to see someone at our
Golden Reunion, please contact them
and encourage them to come.
Those who are coming and paid are: 1. Jim Ed Alleman
2. Carolyn Anawaty Akers, Dan Akers 3. David Atchley, Sue Atchley
4. Peggy Aucoin Gallier, Jack Gallier
5. Linda Axtell Coltharp
6. Geraldine Bailey Derham, Allan Derham
7. G.W. Bailey
8. Archie Barron
9. Donna Berg McClelland
10 John Birkman, Dianne Dallmann
11. Joel Boone, Donna Boone
12. Charlie Brabham, Sandy Brabham
13. Mary Bergeron Dorsey, Tommy Dorsey
14. Gene Byrd, Sally Byrd
15. Donald Cain, Carolyn Cain
16. Roger Cantu, Fiance
17. Alice Chambers Tate, LeRoy Tate, Jr
18. James Cassell
19. Cheryl Chatagnier Harper, V.J. Harper
20. Ginger Cloar Hamilton
21. Billie Cody Barnette, Rocky Barnett
22. Betty Craig Elliott, Larry Elliott
23. Janet Craig Quebedeaux, Jim Quebedeaux
24. Johnny Crochet, Mary Leleux Crochet
25. Renell d'Augereau Perron, Malcolm Perron
26. Kay Dartez Orrill
27. Gene DeKerlegand
28. Isabel Delgadillo Prosperie
29. Dianne DeVoll Hotvedt
30. Diane Duncan Barron
31. David Earle
32. Mike Eaves, Laverne Eaves
33. Brenda Emerson Jones
34. Sandy Erwin, Linda K Erwin
35. Marty Fleckman, Kim Fleckman
36. Andy Foote, Kat Foote
37. Mary Ell Glass Ruffner
38. Rachel Gloria Hawkins, Roberto Hawkins
39. Roland Gooch, Diana Gooch
40. Bob Gratz, Cindy Gratz
41. John Green, Marilyn Green
42. James Guidry
43. Jackie Hale Faulk
44. Hanna Hampton Drago, Sam Drago
45. Ed Hansen
46. Carrie Hebert
47. Wayne Hebert, Gale Hebert
48. Martin Hefley, Mary Sue Hefley
49. Warren Henry, Danny Kirwin Henry
50. C.J. Jack Hensley
51. Susan Holtman Phillips, Jim Phillips
52. Tommy Hunter, Agnes Hunter
53. Bob Jackson, Ann Jackson
54. Carol Johnson Cresswell, Glenn Johnson Hicks
55. Buddy Jordan, Rita Jordan
56. Dan Johnston, Lynn Johnston
57. Jerry Kidd, Sandra Hebert Kidd
58. Sandra Ladner Nicholson
59. Deanna LaFleur Glidden, Edward Glidden
60. Spook Laird, BJ Laird
61. Don Landry, Judy Landry
62. Mike Landry, Becky Gillman Landry
63. Joan Leavell Lisman
64. Jim Lee
65. Harry Paul Logan, Carleen Logan
66. Tommy Martin, Destinee
67. Linda Lee Miller, Grady Miller
68. Margaret Litchfield Hildebrand
69. Royce McConathy, Susan McConathy
70. Marlene McGee Robinson, Bill Robinson
71. Paul McKinley
72. Verna McMillan Johnston, Tom Johnston
73. Gary Miller, Sandy Miller
74. Lucille Miller Armintor
75. Chloe Moerbe Clark, Bud Clark
76. Liz Moore Kny
77. Irene Montalvo Hebert, Dina Milliet
78. Audrey Morales Goff, Don Goff
79. Ron Mosier, Renee' Mosier
80. Anita Nugent
81. Karen O'Brien Hunt
82. Ray Orrill
83. Carol Overman Hudman, Carl Hudman
84. Phillip Pampolina, Ginger Pampolina
85. Elaine Pansano Griner, Gordon Griner
86. Gracey Potter Weisbrod
87. Gail Pratt Thorne, Colin Thorne
88. Larry Quinn
89. Linda Quinn Chapa, Dan Chapa
90. Bobby Rabuck, Betzy Roussel Rabuck
91. Gregory Reyna, Linda Reyna
92. Dale Saulsberry
93. Neil Saunders, Jan Saunders
94. Rob Savoie, Marilyn Reisen
95. Harold Schroeder, Jeanie Schroeder
96. Bonnie Scott Owens, Sharon Parsons
97. Jerry Serville, Joyce Serville
98 Sam Showalter, Gail Showalter
99. Sharon Sibley Bissell, John Bissell
100.Jay Sims, Doris Sims
102.Patsy Smith Simmons, Walter Simmons
103.Loretta Snoek Griffin, Karlene Snoek
104.Martha Smith Gideon
105.Pat Solis, Michele Solis
106.Sue Stokes Greenman
107.Linda Tatum Briggs, Richard Briggs
110.Ronnie Thompson, Karen Baxter Thompson
111.Charles Trenholm, Sharon Trenholm
113.Rose Villarreal Rumsey
114.Gretchen Verboon Miertschin, Gary Miertschin
115.Mary Lou Wagner Quebedeaux, John Quebedeaux
116.Ethel Wehmeyer Sullivan
117.Becky Wells Alleman
118.Penny Whitman Czaja, John Czaja
119.Wayne Wilson, Bonnie Wilson
120.Trudy Wood Dunn
121.Aundria Woods Bridges
Hello everyone – an update to the golf event at the TJHS Class of 1962 reunion. We have 13 people committed to play golf on Saturday, April 28 at the Babe Zaharias Golf Course located at 3500 Jimmy Johnson Boulevard (409-722-8286).
The green fees (includes cart) are $25 and $15 for club rental if you require such. We will pay the green fees on the day of play. The course has a driving range (range balls: $4 small bucket; $7 large bucket) and putting area to allow warm-up prior to play.
I would appreciate each of you sending me a reply to this email message by April 11 to confirm your continued desire to play golf.
I have taken the liberty to create playing partners and start times. If you would like to change your playing partners, please let me know. I suggest that the tee time players attempt to arrange amongst themselves transportation to / from the course. I am open to suggestions for breakfast as a group at 7:00 am, but need suggestions as to restaurants in the area that could accommodate us.
The following individuals have expressed their commitment to play:
Allan Derham (firstname.lastname@example.org) – Geraldine Bailey’s spouse
Andy Foote (email@example.com)
Archie Barron (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Bill Robinson (email@example.com) -– Marlene McGee’s spouse
Carl Hudman (firstname.lastname@example.org) – Carol Overman Hudman spouse
Charlie Jack Hensley, Jr. (email@example.com)
Don Landry (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Geraldine Bailey Derham (email@example.com)
Harold Schroeder (firstname.lastname@example.org)
James Leonard Cassel (email@example.com)
Jim Phillips (Wacosusanrn@aol.com) – Susan Holtman Phillips spouse
John Green (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Richard Briggs (email@example.com) – Linda Tatum’s spouse
your TJ Maroon & Gold Polo shirt with
A productive meeting was held 1-21-12 to send out reunion notices to all classmates.
These classmates and friends of the class were there to help.
Click on photos if you wish to save and print.
The Reunion Announcement is here. You can view it and download it, print out, fill it out and mail in.
Or click on the form, opening it up to full size, and do a print of the scan. I did mine and it came out just fine.
(Click on card for a full sized view)
This postcard was sent to everyone I have an address for about three weeks ago. If you or someone else in the class didn't receive one it is because I don't have the correct address. Please email it to me. Also, if your email address does not appear or isn't correct on the web page, I don't have it, please send it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org .
It is our desire to be in touch with every classmate possible. We need your help. Thanks for helping.
Lucille Miller Armintor TJHS Class of '62
There was a 50th Reunion Planning Meeting held on Saturday, August 6, 2011, at Sanderson's Restaurant on Hwy 69 in Nederland.
The next meeting will be in October. Times and exact date will be posted.
Please plan to attend. We want as much input as possible on this historic Reunion. Let either Lucille Miller Armintor (email@example.com) or Linda Tatum Briggs (firstname.lastname@example.org) know if you are planning to attend or have questions.
have booked Holiday Inn Park Central for Friday and Saturday nights,
April 27 and 28 2012!
gathering will be in Neches Room 7- 11 p.m.
Dinner and Dance 6 p.m. - midnight
will have cash bar.
rates at Holiday Inn is set at $92 (mention TJ Class of ’62
reunion to get this rate)
for both events: $50 a person
Check this website for updates; also Facebook Thomas Jefferson High School 1962 Senior Class Reunion http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_64021513447